Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy Monday

Happy Birthday "Turtle"
Greetings friends!
We've just returned from a conference in Disney! So I admit that while I could have written another Faithful Friday post, I instead opted to take advantage of a parkhopper pass and check out Epcot & Magic Kingdom.

Alas, I'm a weenie. I barely survived the tiniest rides, and I kept my eyes closed for all of Space Mountain.  Good thing we scored free tickets from a friend because pricey theme parks are lost on me.  So after dinners in "Japan" and "China," zooming through past and future, and "hang gliding" through Cali, we have our feet firmly planted back on Tallahassee soil.

The trip was a good motivator to get back into finishing some art projects.  Just small works really, but ones I put off none the less.  It's  been fun, and it actually got me started on a few other things I'd been wanting to do but putting off.  Hence, there's an orangutan & a fox in the works.

Today, however, I'm celebrating the birthday of an old friend whom we'll call "Turtle," if from afar.  I go back and forth about Facebook; it tends to be creepy, but every now and then it helps me reunite with lost friends.  Even more rare are the re-connections in which you discover that in all your years of growing apart, you somehow grew together.  If you're lucky, like me, you discover that your friend has grown into a remarkable young woman, full of creativity, and someone who's turned heartbreaks into motivation for second chances.  Turtle is, and perhaps always was, courageous.  In her willingness to share her stories and her art, she's inspired and encouraged me to share mine.

So chickadee, here's to another year of you, another year of opportunities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment