Wednesday, April 17, 2013

There's an Ostrich in My Office


I can't believe it's already Wednesday!  My family and I gathered for a long weekend in Savannah, GA to celebrate my fabulous mother's birthday.  We strolled along the beautiful river and it was lovely to be able to walk so much.  There is so much art in that city; I'm not sure which came first- SCAD or the art community, but it's pretty great.  We had some delicious meals and some great walks, and left for home on Monday.  We heard about the bombings in Boston as we were driving home and we- like most people I assume- have been pretty vigilant about watching the news as the story unfolds.  But in between news castings I did get to complete this painting.  She was still waiting on my easel when I got home and painting is a wonderful distraction. 

It's difficult to tell in photos, but her eyes are a purple-y black, and I decided she needed some fancy lashes.  She's currently on display in my office, since we seem to be running out of wall space in our house- more evidence that it's time to get the etsy shop up and running!


1 comment:

  1. I love her!! I guess she's a she. Looks female to me. Outstanding Ostrich!

    Soooooo glad you all had such a good time in Savannah celebrating such a GREAT lady!!!

    ReplyDelete