Monday, February 25, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away

I must have felt very "French" this morning.  Technically I'm half French-Canadian sooo I suppose I was living into some distant heritage.  I donned a boat neck black sweater, black pants, pointy toed black flats, and a dramatic wide red belt.  I ditched braided pigtails in college since it made me look even younger, but I like the texture of braids so I tied them off at the base of my hairline and pinned the loose ends in a messy little up-do. Voila, my attempt to beat the rainy day (ahem week) blues.

The weather was still atrocious when I got home.  Le boo.  Rain does not help my creativity.  I need sunshine to really blossom I suppose, but I have been using the time to clear some clutter in my studio...kind of.  It still looks like a creative hurricane swept through with half-finished paintings and bottles of paints strewn about.

I brewed un cafe' and settled in for a very American housewife afternoon.  I began cutting through magazines making piles of textures I like, inspirations to paste into my art journal, images I'll someday turn into envelopes, and words and images for collage.  The discarded carcasses I recycled.  As I settled into my task I transitioned into sweatpants and daytime television, until the hubbie called to tell me he was on his way home at which point I cleaned up, lest the carnage of my afternoon overwhelm him.

This weekend has been rather productive in the the condensing of my magazines.  AND I have so many clippings to inspire more animal designs.

So tell me, what animal would you like to see come out of my studio?  I'm up for a challenge, but for now my all American husband calls me to his latest creation-bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with feta and sun dried tomatoes.  Life as a newlywed has its perks. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I share your magazine fetish......Addiction! with a capital A!

    ReplyDelete